Promote TVC’s national leadership in science and technology through regional cooperation.
Sustain TVC’s existing federal missions, compete for new federal investments and leverage these investments to grow more private sector job opportunities.
- Convene key leaders in the TVC on a regular basis to create relationships, working collaborations and common goals.
- Communicate the TVC’s reputation as an important science and technology center, internally and externally.
- Align the focus of the TVC with those of the TVC Congressional Caucus, the TVC Leadership Council and other partners.
- Celebrate the accomplishments of TVC organizations and individuals in promoting the TVC Vision and Mission.
- Create and implement program initiatives to further the TVC’s mission.
Corridor Champion Award
The TVC awards The Corridor Champion Award to an individual or organization who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership advancing the objectives of the TVC through enhanced national visibility, contributing to economic development, developing advanced technology and promoting collaborative efforts.
Former Corridor Champions Award Winners Include:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Senator Bob Corker
- Roane State Community College and President Chris Whaley
- Lynn Freeny, DOE Photographer
- Steve Cope, director of Marketing and Public Relations, Avion Solutions, former chairman of the TVC
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities
- J. Wayne Cropp, Baker, Donelson, Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
Appalachian Regional Commission and ARC Federal Co-Chair Earl Gohl
- Mike Arms, Partner of Tennessee Strategies and TVC Board Member
Eastman Chemical Company
- Helen Hardin, Senior Policy Advisory for Congressman Chuck Fleischmann
NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center
- Tennessee Congressman Chuck Fleischmann
Tennessee Valley Authority
The University of Tennessee
Y-12 National Security Complex
- Gerald Boyd, former manager of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge Site Office and former Chairman of the TVC
- Former Tennessee Congressman Bart Gordon
- Tennessee U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander
- Tom Rogers, Director of Industrial and Economic Development Partnerships, Oak Ridge National Laboratory and former Chairman of the TVC
- Former Alabama Congressman Bud Cramer
- Anne Pope, Former Co-Chair, Appalachian Regional Commission
Susan Reid, executive director, First Tennessee Development District and former chairman of the TVC
- Bill Baxter, former chairman of TVA and Commissioner of Economic Development for the State of Tennessee
- Tom Ballard, former Vice President for Public and Governmental Relations for the University of Tennessee and former chairman of the TVC
- Former Tennessee Congressman Zach Wamp